The Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics (Albert Einstein Institute) is the largest research institute in the world specializing in general relativity and beyond. The institute is located in Potsdam and in Hannover. For our location in Hannover we are looking for a Scientist (m/f/d) for the leadership of a research group for the realization of a “Beyond LISA” mission in full time for an initial period of 4 years, with the option of a permanent position.
Your tasks include:
- Leading a group of 5-7 junior scientists
- Submission of research proposals and preparation of grant applications
- Publication of scientific results
- Development of a new or a revised measurement concept for “Beyond LISA” missions in the frequency range between 0.1 mHz and 1 Hz.
- Preparation of a first set of requirements for (the) new “Beyond LISA” concept(s)
- Creating a research plan to develop the necessary technologies for “Beyond LISA”
- Participating in the realisation of LISA and in the LISA testbed.
- Completed PhD in physics or other relevant field
- Several years of experience in the development or operation of laser interferometers for gravitational-wave observatories or similar complex interferometric instruments
- Initial experience in managing and mentoring junior scientists is desirable.
- Relevant experience in writing scientific publications and technical documents is required.
We offer you a versatile activity in an international working environment, extensive opportunities for further education and training as well as an excellent working atmosphere in a friendly, committed team. Flexible working hours and the compatibility of career and family are a matter of course for us. Remuneration and social benefits are based on qualifications in accordance with the collective wage agreement for the public sector (TVöD).
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, skin color, origin, religion and ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. For more information about our institute, please visit www.aei.mpg.de.
We have aroused your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, letters of reference, certificates and other supporting documents) without a photograph, which you should submit as a single PDF document exclusively via our online application portal: https://jobs.aei.mpg.de/125/leitung-wissenschaftliche-arbeitsgruppe-beyo...
Please find here full details: https://www.aei.mpg.de/989790/leitung-wissenschaftliche-arbeitsgruppe-be...