Gravitational Wave Orchestra - GWO
Current and future stochastic gravitational-wave background probes in multple frequency bands.
September 8-9 2022 at Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium.
A stochastic gravitational-wave background is the persistent signal that comes from overlapping, unresolved independent sources. These signals are individually undetectable, but detectable as a collectivity via their common influence on multiple detectors - the musical companion to the binary black hole or binary neutron star soloist. This hum will provide insights into our universe’s early history, allowing us to listen to the first-ever song of the universe in multiple frequency bands. The Gravitational Wave Orchestra 2022 will act as the ideal backdrop to listen to the various aspects of the gravitational-wave symphony.
During this two-day workshop, we will hear from:
- Joseph Romano (TTU, Lubbock)
- Irina Dvorkin (IAP, Paris)
- Vuk Mandic (UMN, Minnesota)
- Chiara Caprini (APC, Paris)
- Stephen Taylor (Vanderbilt U., Nashville)
- Giulia Cusin (U. Geneva & IAP, Paris)
- Sanjit Mitra (IUCAA, Pune)
- Tania Regimbau (LAPP, Annecy)
- Carlo Contaldi (Imperial College, London)
- Sébastien Clesse (ULB, Brussels)
- Josquin Errard (APC, Paris)
- Boris Goncharov (GSSI, L’Aquila)
- Guillaume Boileau (U. Antwerpen)
- Aditya Parthasarathy (MPIfR, Bonn)
- Alex Jenkins (UCL, London
- Kamiel Janssens (U. Antwerpen & ARTEMIS, Nice)
on a broad range of topics including:
- Review on stochastic gravitational-wave backgrounds.
- Theoretical development in stochastic gravitational-wave background modelling.
- Most updated results from the LIGO-Virgo-KAGRA collaboration and Pulsar Timing Arrays.
- Future probes and strategies using: Einstein Telescope, Cosmic Explorer, and LISA.
Along with this, we will have a poster session and lightning talks. You are strongly encouraged to submit a poster abstract on stochastic gravitational-wave background-related research. Details can be found on the abstract submission page.
Registration and abstract submission deadline: August 05, 2022
Please find full details on the conference website: https://agenda.irmp.ucl.ac.be/event/4668/