The school will take place in The Niels Bohr Institute on Blegdamsvej 17. The lectures will take place in the historic Auditorium A. A virtual or hybrid version of the school may be implemented due to COVID-19 precautions but is uncertain at present.
The school will take place from Monday August 2th until Friday August 6th, 2021. There will be theory lectures in the morning and exercise tutorials in the afternoon. The students will be asked to pre-install some of the software packages that will be used in the school in advance in order to make the best use of their time during the afternoon sessions. The students will also be encouraged to read select material in advance so they can make the most out of their time at the school. The total workload is expected to be 70 hours, approximately divided into 35 hours of preparatory self-study and 35 hours during the school.
More information on the school format: https://indico.nbi.ku.dk/event/1558/page/584-school-format
- Gravitational Wave Production and Detection
- Gravitational Wave Data Analysis
- Astrophysical Formation Channels of Gravitational Wave Sources:
- Stellar-mass Compact Object Binaries
- Supermassive Black Hole Binaries
- Multi-messenger Observation
- Cutting Edge Research Topics
- Introduce the students to the fundamental theoretical concepts and current observational constraints in the field of Gravitational Wave Astrophysics.
- Bring together students interested in these subjects with some of the world's experts in an environment fostering interactions and exchange of ideas, allowing the students to develop their international network.
- Encourage the students to continue working in these fields, emphasizing the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to research in these active areas. Venue and Organizational Aspects The school will take place in The Niels Bohr Institute on Blegdamsvej 17. The lectures will take place in the historic Auditorium A. NBIA will provide infrastructure in the form of discussion rooms to facilitate impromptu collaborations and discussions in smaller groups. A social dinner for all participants will be organized during the course of the school. A virtual or hybrid version of the school may be implemented due to COVID-19 precautions but is uncertain at present.